Friday, April 10, 2009

Life's a Beach in southwest Louisiana




Good Friday brings out the wanderlust in me and I often take to the open road. Today that road took me south as I ventured into Cameron Parish and Holly Beach, on around to Port Arthur, Texas, up through Bridge City and Orange, and back into Louisiana and home to Vinton. It was a beautiful day to travel the coastline.
The beaches were beautiful and surprising. I did not know that Louisiana had beaches like that. I enjoyed walking in the sand, picking up gorgeous sea shells and watching the birds swoop in and out. Kids and families were playing in the water and if I didn't turn around and look at the community, I could almost imagine that there was no storm damage.
At one point, while trying to photograph a group of brown pelicans I realized that I was no longer walking on sand; I was walking on tiny, tiny little sea shells -- millions of them. I had to get a picture of that, because I did not believe it myself.
The picture of the shells in my hand shows the size of those tiny, perfect crustaceans. The second picture shows the quantity of shells that were around the area. The Gulf picture just shows the utter beauty of the day.
It was a great day to be with God through his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment